Beaverton and Washington County MAX Train Accident Attorney
The TriMet MAX system, which consists of a light rail train and buses, is a cost-effective, efficient way for people to commute throughout the Portland metro area. Despite its various advantages, however, the MAX system’s buses and trains are not always safe, as they can be involved in accidents when the system’s operators (or others) behave negligently or recklessly. That is when you need a MAX Train Accident Attorney.
When such negligence causes MAX bus and train accidents:
- People can be hit by buses and/or train.
- Passengers aboard these buses and trains can be injured.
- Injured people will likely be entitled to compensation for their injuries and losses.
- Attorney Linda Weimar will be ready to stand up for victims’ rights and work tirelessly to help them get the full amount of compensation that they deserve.
MAX Bus and Train Accident Issues
Because MAX buses and trains are operated by TriMet, which is a quasi-government agency, there are a number of issues that must be considered and managed when victims of MAX accidents attempt to seek compensation for their injuries and losses. In fact, these issues can make MAX accident cases more complicated than other types of motor vehicle accident cases; therefore, it’s crucial that victims have an experienced attorney like Linda Weimar on their side to ensure that all of these challenges and issues are handled with the utmost care.
Some of the specific issues that must be dealt with when it comes to MAX bus and train accident cases include:
- Notifying TriMet of the intention to seek compensation for accident injuries within 180 days of the date of the accident – Sending this notification is required by Oregon law, and failing to do so can affect victims’ entitlement to compensation for their injuries and losses.
- Filing the case before the statute of limitations runs out – In Oregon, injury victims will have two years from the date of the accident by which to file their claim. If victims miss this deadline, they will effectively lose their right to seek compensation from the negligent party/parties.
- Dealing with insurers who are likely employed by TriMet – Because these insurance agents are employed by TriMet, their goal is to preserve the company’s profits by limiting its payouts for accident claims. Knowing how such insurers work, as well as how to prove negligence in these cases, will be key to helping victims get all of the compensation they deserve.
- Potentially dealing with third-party insurers – In some cases, the specific MAX vehicle or train involved in an accident will be a contracted carrier that is operated by a third-party company working on behalf of TriMet. When this is the case, it will be necessary to deal with other insurance companies, some of which may not even be located in the state of Oregon. While dealing with third-party insurers can be challenging for victims on their own, Attorney Linda Weimar is skilled at going up against various insurers (including those located out of state) to help defend victims’ rights to compensation.
Our Beaverton and Washington County MAX Accident Attorney Is Ready to Fight for You
If you have been injured in a MAX bus or train accident, Beaverton and Washington County MAX Accident Lawyer Linda Weimar is ready to be an aggressive advocate for your rights both inside and outside of the courtroom.
Since 1997, Attorney Linda Weimar has been dedicated to:
- Providing the highest quality legal services to injured people
- Holding negligent parties accountable for their careless and reckless behaviors
- Going up against insurance companies and others to ensure that injured people get the full compensation to which they are entitled.
At every stage of a case, our clients can trust us to honestly answer all of their questions, keep them informed of the progress of their case and work relentlessly to help them attain the compensation and justice they deserve.
Contact Us to Set Up an Initial Consult Today
We are ready to talk about your rights and get your case started at no upfront cost. To receive professional legal advice during a free initial consult, call us at (503) 640-5000 or email us using the Contact form on this page.
From our offices in Beaverton, Attorney Linda Weimar represents injured people in both Oregon and Washington State, including (not limited to) people in Portland, Beaverton, Wilsonville, West Linn, McMinnville, Oregon City, Gresham, Salem, Coburg, Tigad, Aloha, Forest Grove, Astoria, Lake Oswego, Hillsboro, Redmond, Astoria, and Newberg; and including individuals in Washington County, Multnomah County, Clackamas County, Marion County, Yamhill County, Cowlitz County, Clatsop County and Clark County.