Beaverton and Washington County Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle accidents account for more than 11 percent of all traffic accidents that take place in the U.S. each year, reports the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Considering the fact that motorcycles only make up about 3 percent of all registered vehicles in the U.S., this disproportionate number of motorcycle accidents may be shocking.
What is potentially more shocking, however, is the fact that the majority of motorcycle accidents are caused by some type of preventable human error. In fact, according to the NHTSA, human error is a factor in more than 90 percent of all motorcycle accidents.
When any type of negligence contributes to motorcycle accidents, Beaverton and Washington County Attorney Linda Weimar will be ready to:
- Champion victims’ rights
- Hold negligent parties accountable for their role in causing motorcycle accidents
- Provide victims with essential legal support
- Aggressively fight for their rights to compensation for their injuries, damages and losses.
Negligence and Motorcycle Accidents
Some of the more common forms of negligence that often play a role in causing motorcycle accidents include:
- The negligence of other drivers, who may be drunk, intoxicated with drugs and/or driving while fatigued. Additional forms of driver negligence can include driving while distracted and failing to comply with traffic laws (by, for instance cutting off riders or failing to yield the right-of-way). In the event that other motorists’ negligence causes motorcycle accidents, these drivers can be held liable for compensating riders.
- The negligence of equipment manufacturers, which can cause essential equipment on motorcycles to malfunction when riders are on them. For instance, brake failures, tire defects or other issues with equipment can be triggered by the negligence of equipment manufacturers.
- The negligence of parties responsible for keeping the roads safe, as potholes, uncovered manholes and even objects left in the roads can cause devastating motorcycle accidents if riders are unable to avoid these obstacles. Such negligent parties can include a city, a county, a homeowners’ association, etc.
There are many other forms of negligence that can be a factor in causing motorcycle accidents, so it’s critical that victims consult with Attorney Linda Weimar to receive a professional case evaluation and learn more about their best options for obtaining compensation.
Beaverton and Washington County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at the Weimar Law Offices
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, Beaverton and Washington County Motorcycle Accident Attorney Linda Weimar is ready to aggressively advocate your rights both inside and outside of the courtroom.
Attorney Linda Weimar has been dedicated to providing each of her clients with the highest quality legal services since 1997. This means that her clients can always count on her to:
- Provide them with honest answers
- Be personally available to them when they need support and advice
- Keep them informed at every stage of their case
- Do what is necessary to help them attain the compensation and justice they deserve.
Contact Us to Learn More about Your Rights
We invite you to attend a free, no obligations initial consult to learn more about your rights and how we can help you. Call us at (503) 640-5000 or email us using the Contact form on this page to set up a meeting today.
From our offices in Beaverton, Attorney Linda Weimar represents injured people in both Oregon and Washington State, including (not limited to) people in Portland, Beaverton, Wilsonville, West Linn, McMinnville, Oregon City, Gresham, Salem, Coburg, Tigad, Aloha, Forest Grove, Astoria, Lake Oswego, Hillsboro, Redmond, Astoria, and Newberg; and including individuals in Washington County, Multnomah County, Clackamas County, Marion County, Yamhill County, Cowlitz County, Clatsop County and Clark County.