6 Things to Know about Car Accident Insurance Claims (Pt. 2)
April 21, 2014
Picking up from 6 Things to Know about Car Accident Insurance Claims (Pt. 1), below are some additional points that people need to keep in mind when they are preparing to submit claims to insurance companies after traffic accidents.
If you have questions about your rights or would like any help with your car accident case, Attorney Linda Weimar is here for you and encourages you to reach out to her today.
3. Insurers do not always act legally or ethically when handling car accident insurance claims – In an effort to protect their own bottom line, some insurance companies may act in bad faith, meaning that they may do things that are not just unethical but that are also outright illegal in order to undercut or even try to flat out deny your claim.
For example, while insurers may try to blame you for causing the car accident and, in turn, try to deny your claim completely, they may also try to allege that:
- You don’t have an active policy with them (when, in fact, you do).
- Your policy doesn’t cover the type of accident associated with your claim (when, in fact, it does).
- The damage or injuries associated with your claim are not as severe as you have said they are.
4. What you say to insurers can be used against you later – This is something that many policyholders don’t realize but that is, nevertheless, crucial to keep in mind whenever dealing with insurers. As you discuss an accident with an insurer, your conversation may be recorded, and anything you say can be used to try to undervalue or even deny your claim outright.
This means that you should always be on guard when talking to an insurer. In fact, it’s even better to hire a lawyer to represent you and deal with an insurer on your behalf so that you can trust that your car accident claim is being handled by an experienced professional who will be dedicated to advocating your rights and to standing up to insurers.
Don’t miss the final installment of this blog for some additional important info about car accident insurance claims.
Beaverton Car Accident Attorney at the Weimar Law Offices
Have you been injured in a traffic accident? If so, BeavertonCar Accident Attorney Linda Weimar is ready to aggressively advocate your rights both inside and outside of the courtroom. Since 1997, Attorney Linda Weimar has been dedicated to providing the highest quality legal services to injured people and to holding negligent parties accountable for their careless and reckless behaviors.
Her commitment to getting the best possible results and the highest possible compensation for each of her clients is backed up by her proven record of success. When injured people choose to work with BeavertonCar Accident Lawyer Linda Weimar, they can rest assured that their important legal matters will be handled by an experienced, dedicated and skilled professional who will do what it takes to obtain the best possible resolution to their case in the most efficient manner possible.
Your Rights Are Important to Us – Let’s Talk about Your Case
To get professional legal advice during a free initial consult, call us at (503) 640-5000 or email us using the Contact form on this page.
From our offices in Beaverton, Attorney Linda Weimar represents people with various types of personal injury claims throughout Washington County, including in West Side and Hillsboro.