Don’t delay – register your car seat today is the slogan of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) latest campaign that will focus on car seat safety. Officially rolled out on September 19th, this car seat safety campaign is aimed at increasing public awareness about the importance of using car seats and seat belts, as well as informing people that they can now easily check recalls on child car seats through a new NHTSA app.
In underscoring the messages behind the NTHSA car seat safety campaign, officials pointed out the following important statistics:
- A child younger than 13 years old is hurt in a car accident in the U.S. every 34 seconds.
- About 1 in every 3 children who are killed in car accidents was not in a car seat and/or was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the fatal collision.
As U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx explained:
Safety is our highest priority, and our new tool and registration campaign are two more ways we’re working to protect our most vulnerable passengers – our children… parents and caregivers are the first line of defense by ensuring they are selecting the right car seat, registering it, and using it correctly for every trip.
Car Seat Safety Tips from NHTSA Officials
As part of its car seat safety campaign, NHTSA officials have offered up the following tips for parents and caregivers of children:
- Use the NHTSA’s new app – the Car Seat Finder Tool – to figure out what the safest car seat choice is for your child (based on your child’s age and size)
- Always read the instructions that come with car seats and follow them to ensure you are properly securing the seat within your vehicle
- Make sure to register the car seat with the manufacturer so that you can be informed if any recalls are ever issued on the car seat
- Use the new NHTSA app to stay informed of car seat recalls as soon as they occur
- Always encourage your children to wear seatbelts every time they get into a vehicle
- Always wear your seatbelt to set a good example for your children.
Beaverton Car Accident Attorney at the Weimar Law Offices
If you have been injured in a traffic accident, Beaverton Car Accident Attorney Linda Weimar is ready to aggressively advocate your rights both inside and outside of the courtroom. Since 1997, Attorney Linda Weimar has been dedicated to providing the highest quality legal services to injured people and to holding negligent parties accountable for their careless and reckless behaviors.
Let’s Talk about Your Case
We are ready to talk about your rights and get your case started at no upfront cost. To get professional legal advice during a free initial consult, call us at (503) 640-5000 or email us using the contact form on this page.
From our offices in Beaverton, Attorney Linda Weimar represents people with various types of personal injury claims throughout Washington County, including in West Side and Hillsboro.