The old adage – “Crime never pays!” – really comes to mind when reading about the 22-year-old Beaverton driver who pulled a “Dukes of Hazard” and made off through a suburban Westside neighborhood recently. The brash young driver lost his pursuer, only to be apprehended moments later by the same law enforcement officer after he hit a parked car.

Rest assured, the 22-year-old is rethinking his bravado now that he’s probably got stiffer fines, penalties, and charges facing him down.

Chase and Crash Details

  • Alleged Drunk Driver Causes Wreck in Westside

    Alleged Drunk Driver Causes Wreck in Westside

    Law enforcement began pursuit at approximately 11:16 p.m., when a Washington County Deputy spotted a 1995 Subaru Impreza exceeding posted speed limits along Southwest Farmington Road.

  • The deputy attempted to stop the driver with emergency lights deployed, but the driver failed to pull over.
  • The driver then pulled into a neighborhood off Southwest 198th Avenue making several turns to try and evade the deputy.
  • The deputy then responded to a crash nearby on Southwest Bayberry Drive, which happened to include the driver of the 1995 Subaru Impreza.
  • The driver was taken to Oregon Health & Science University Hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
  • The deputy issued a citation for driving under the influence of intoxicants, but more charges could be pending.

Recovering Property Damages from Crashes Without Injuries

If you are fortunate enough to not be in the vehicle or just didn’t sustain any injury from a car accident, then the process of collecting property damages owed to you can be a fairly painless process. Especially, if the driver of the car at fault has insurance coverage. Here are some of the items you you can file property damage claims for in the event of an auto accident:

  • Vehicle repair or replacement
  • Towing expenses
  • Car rental expenses
  • Possible upgrades to the vehicle, if any are needed

Filing an Insurance Claim

Here’s a list of some essentials you’ll want to take note of when filing an insurance claim for property damage.

  • Be sure to make notes of time, place, and events surrounding the accident, especially if no law enforcement officer is on hand to take a report. Get the other person’s insurance information.
  • Take extensive notes and pictures of damage to your vehicle.
  • Call your insurance company so that they can coordinate with the other insurance provider to see who they would like you to take your car to for an estimate for repairs. Be sure to get one or two other estimates as well. Sometimes insurance companies have a list of approved vendors that they’ll use for repairs, so make sure you follow their guidelines.
  • Typically, your insurance company or the other driver’s insurance company handle the claim for you. In some rare cases, you’ll have to collect receipts, rental receipts, towing expenses, etc., and file them with a claim.

If for any reason, the insurance company refuses to pay you for property damages, please give our office a call and we’ll ensure that you receive every penny you are entitled to.

Contact a Beaverton Car Accident Attorney at the Weimar Law Offices

If your vehicle has been damaged in a traffic accident, call Beaverton Car Accident Attorney Linda Weimar, who is ready to aggressively advocate your rights both inside and outside of the courtroom. Since 1997, Attorney Linda Weimar has been dedicated to providing the highest quality legal services to injured people and recovering property damages due to careless and reckless drivers.

To get professional legal advice during a free initial consult, call us at (503) 640-5000 or email us using the Contact form on this page.