Fatal Motor Vehicle Accidents: The Statistics from the NHTSA (Pt. 3)
October 20, 2014
Concluding our three-part blog series Fatal Motor Vehicle Accidents: The Statistics from the NHTSA, below, we will present some more interesting facts and statistics regarding the incidence of fatal motor vehicle accidents in the U.S.
While the information discussed herein is related to data from 2012 (the most recent year for which statistics are available), people who have been injured in or have lost a loved one to any type of traffic accident should call Beaverton Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer Linda Weimar today. She is dedicated to helping injured people obtain the compensation and justice they deserve when negligence causes car accidents, injuries and deaths.
When Fatal Motor Vehicle Accidents Involve School Buses…
In 2012, the incidence of fatal school bus accidents increased by 3, jumping from 9 in 2011 to 12 in 2012.
- The 12 fatal school bus accidents in 2012 resulted in 8 fatalities for bus occupants who were younger than 18 years old.
- About half of all school bus accident fatalities affected people outside of the school bus – i.e., pedestrians
When Fatal Motor Vehicle Accidents Involve Motorcyclists…
- While nearly 5,000 motorcycle riders died in 2012 in fatal motor vehicle accidents, another 93,000 were injured in crashes. For both fatalities and injuries in 2012, these numbers increased from 2011.
- More than 40 percent of all motorcycle rider fatalities involved riders not wearing helmets at the time of the accident.
When Fatal Motor Vehicle Accidents Involve Large Trucks…
- In 2012, there was a slight increase in the number of fatal large truck accidents that occurred, with the incidence jumping from 3,781 in 2011 to 3,921 in 2012.
- There was also reportedly an increase in the number of injuries sustained from these fatal motor vehicle accidents, as 88,000 injuries occurred in 2011 while 104,000 injuries occurred in 2012.
Beaverton Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney at the Weimar Law Offices
Have you been hurt in a traffic accident? Or have you lost someone you love to a fatal motor vehicle accident? If so, Beaverton Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney Linda Weimar is here for you. Ready to aggressively advocate your rights in any legal setting, Attorney Linda Weimar has been dedicated to providing the highest quality legal services to injured people since 1997.
This means that we can always be relied on to provide compassionate support to our clients while aggressively pursuing their rights to compensation for their injuries and losses. It also means that our clients can trust us to answer all of their questions, keep them informed at every stage of their case and work relentlessly to help them attain the compensation and justice they deserve.
Your Rights Are Important to Us – Let’s Talk about Your Case
We are ready to talk about your rights and get your case started at no upfront cost. To get professional legal advice during a free initial consult, call us at (503) 640-5000 or email us using the Contact form on this page.
From our offices in Beaverton, Attorney Linda Weimar represents people with various types of personal injury claims throughout Washington County, including in West Side and Hillsboro.