6 Things to Know about Car Accident Insurance Claims (Pt. 3)
April 28, 2014
Concluding 6 Things to Know about Car Accident Insurance Claims, here are some final important things to know about insurers when it comes to submitting car accident claims.
5. The first settlement offer you receive from insurers will likely be less than you deserve – As with many situations that involve negotiations, the first offer is usually not the best offer and is likely far less that you deserve for your car accident insurance claim. In fact, what you may not realize is that insurance companies are banking on the facts that:
- Victims’ don’t know their rights.
- They aren’t fully aware of how much compensation they may deserve.
- They are so in need of money that they will take the first settlement offer.
As a result, if your insurer offers you a settlement, make sure you talk to a lawyer before you officially accept the offer (or before you cash a check from the insurance company, as this can be an implicit acceptance of a settlement). In many cases, you can obtain far more compensation if you challenge the first offer with the help of an experienced attorney.
6. An insurer’s denial of your claim is NOT the last word in your case – Just like you should expect to challenge the first settlement offer you receive, you should also expect to fight any potential denial of your valid claim, as this does NOT have to be the final disposition of your case.
In fact, insurers wrongfully deny legitimate car accident claims all of the time, and victims should know that they are not alone when this happens to them. In these cases, Attorney Linda Weimar will be ready to challenge insurers on victims’ behalf, helping them get the full amount of compensation that they deserve.
Beaverton Car Accident Attorney at the Weimar Law Offices
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car accident, BeavertonCar Accident Attorney Linda Weimar is ready to aggressively advocate your rights both inside and outside of the courtroom. Since 1997, Attorney Linda Weimar has been dedicated to providing the highest quality legal services to injured people and to holding negligent parties accountable for their careless and reckless behaviors.
This means that Attorney Linda Weimar can always be trusted to provide compassionate support to her clients while aggressively pursuing their rights to compensation for their injuries and losses. It also means that she can be counted on to answer all of their questions, keep them informed at every stage of their case and work relentlessly to help them attain the compensation and justice they deserve.
Your Rights Are Important to Us – Let’s Talk about Your Case
We are ready to talk about your rights and get your case started at no upfront cost. To get professional legal advice during a free initial consult, call us at (503) 640-5000 or email us using the Contact form on this page.
From our offices in Beaverton, Attorney Linda Weimar represents people with various types of personal injury claims throughout Washington County, including in West Side and Hillsboro.