Oregon law requires all drivers to stop at the scene of a motor vehicle accident, exchange information with other motorists and wait for police (ORS 811.700). Despite this law, however, many drivers refuse to stop after hitting others. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that:
While some may choose to intentionally violate the law because they panic or are afraid, others may do so because they may have broken other laws by, for example, driving while drunk or driving without a license
Regardless of why hit-and-runs happen, the fact is that, when they do, Attorney Linda Weimar will be ready to fight for victims’ rights and help them secure the settlements they deserve.
How We Can Help You after a Hit and Run Accident
When reckless and negligent drivers have hit you and fled the scene, call us. We can:
- Help you try to identify and track down the irresponsible motorist
- Defend your rights when it comes to dealing with insurance companies
- Ultimately help you obtain compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, mental suffering and other losses.
When it’s not possible to find the driver who caused the accident, we can help injured people who have uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage on their own auto insurance policies seek compensation from their insurers. In these cases, it’s important to underscore the facts that:
- Insurers are not always reliable and often try to undercut victims’ claims.
- Insurers may try to find ways to deny legitimate claims (like, for instance, trying to argue that victims’ don’t have the right coverage when, in fact, they do; or hiring doctors to perform so-called “Independent Medical Exams” when in fact in many cases, such exams lean heavily in favor of the insurance company cutting off your rights to compensation).
- Insurers can’t be trusted to pay out the full amount of compensation.
- Having an experienced attorney who will champion a victim’s rights is crucial to obtaining the full amount of compensation for hit-and-run claims.
Our Beaverton and Washington County Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer Will Fight for You
If you have been injured in a hit-and-run accident, Hit-and-Run Accident Attorney Linda Weimar is ready to aggressively advocate your rights both inside and outside of the courtroom.
Since 1997, Attorney Linda Weimar has been dedicated to providing the highest quality legal services to injured people. This means that our clients can trust us to answer all of their questions, keep them informed at every stage of their case and work diligently to help them attain the compensation and justice they deserve.
When injured people choose to work with Beaverton and Washington County Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer Linda Weimar, they can rest assured that their important legal matters will be handled by an experienced, dedicated and skilled professional who will do what it takes to obtain the best possible resolution to their case in the most efficient manner possible.
Your Rights Are Important to Us – Let’s Talk about Your Case
We are ready to talk about your rights and get your case started at no upfront cost. To receive professional legal advice during a free initial consult, call us at (503) 640-5000 or email us using the Contact form on this page.
From our offices in Beaverton, Attorney Linda Weimar represents injured people in both Oregon and Washington State, including (not limited to) people in Portland, Beaverton, Wilsonville, West Linn, McMinnville, Oregon City, Gresham, Salem, Coburg, Tigad, Aloha, Forest Grove, Astoria, Lake Oswego, Hillsboro, Redmond, Astoria, and Newberg; and including individuals in Washington County, Multnomah County, Clackamas County, Marion County, Yamhill County, Cowlitz County, Clatsop County and Clark County.